Aside from the tips on how to make a good press release that gets published, there is actually an effective press release format that you can follow as your guide in making a press release of your own. Following this press release format will ensure you that you will get your press release published and have it read by the people you wish to get the information that you have. So read on and learn about this press release format that will give you the advantages of a low cost yet high success probability of making your events known and victorious.
First of all, you have to keep in mind that you are targeting two audiences. These are the media and the public. The media is composed of the people who are behind the tools that you need to use in order for you get your press release reach the public. These are the editors, reporters and the journalists. You need to pass through them before you get the chance to reach your second target audience which happens to be the public. The public is made up of the people you want to get informed by the event or affair that you have. I believe that I have made it clear that you need to pass the qualifications of the media in order for you to get through the public. These people are busy, stern and pressured toward work. And their job happens to be to assess if your press release is newsworthy or not. In order for you to earn the approval of the media, this is how your press release format should go.
- You need to provide your release date. This will let the media know when your press release should be published.
- Next to the release date is your headline. This needs to answer at least three of the WH questions. The headline in your press release format needs to be catchy yet short. It should be catchy to make the media stop from scanning and pay attention to your press release. It should be short for the media not to get pissed and tired of reading what you are trying to say.
- What you should have next is your contact information. Your contact information must provide to whom should the media contact after they have concluded that your press release is newsworthy enough to be published.
- Next to the contact information is the body. The body needs to provide all the information about your event. The first paragraph must have the basic information while the succeeding paragraphs must provide supporting facts about your event.
- Your company profile should be the next. This should contain a sentence or two that provides information about your company and your company's mission. This is also known as the boilerplate for others.
- The pound sign is few of the last things that you need to indicate in your press release. This will serve as the cue to the media that your press release has ended. It usually goes as the word "END" or the sign "###".
- Lastly, you should provide a more detailed contact information at the very bottom of your paper for additional information in favor to the media. Having a logo on the paper you will use will add formality and sense of credibility to your press release.
By Paul Hartunian
Photography by Doreen Salcher
Photography by Doreen Salcher
Ready to really learn press release format? Paul Hartunians free publicity information center will teach you and many other aspects of publicity. Visit http://www.7dollartrial.com now to get powerful profit-producing publicity tips!