7 Tips to Building Your Own Personal Brand
Personal branding is more than just what you do - it is about what is uniquely you and what sets you apart from everyone else. By following these 7 steps you will get a head start in creating a great personal brand that will set you apart from your peers. It will help you to highlight your talents and develop a strong personal image which you can use to help sell yourself at an client interviews, apply in your advertising and marketing material, and on your social networking media.
* Document the specific problems you want to solve and for whom and what results you want to see.
* Consider what really motivates you to do what you do and what do you never get tired of talking about? - write down everything you can think of.
* Know what your purpose is and the vision you have of your achievements.
* Recognise your strengths and what makes you memorable. Again, write down everything that comes to mind and even ask friends or colleagues to tell you what they believe your strengths are and see if there is any overlap.
* Now you need to re-read everything you have written in your answers to 1-4 above and come up with a couple of sentences which really sum you up what is unique about you and what you do. Don't expect to come up with a great statement first time - it will take time so play around with it until you come up with something that you feel comfortable with.
* Use this statement repeatedly in your marketing material and social networking - by being consistent, you will be more successful.
* Live your Personal Brand consistently in everything that you do and you will build up trust from people who will want to employ you or do business with you.
"Find your style, build your brand and boldly express yourself through your brand. It's powerful and it makes you memorable".
By Anne Galloway
Image by Hadrian Kubasiewicz
From Anne Galloway: And now I would like to invite you to sign up to recieve your free copies of my Inspirational Toolkit delivered direct to your inbox when you visit, http://www.power-to-change.eu - just click on the subscribe button. Here you will find even more free advice and tips to help you put the fun and passion back into your working week.From Anne Galloway, "The Inspirational Coach" at power-to-change.
Recognise your strengths and what makes you memorable. Again, write down everything that comes to mind and even ask friends or colleagues to tell you what they believe your strengths are and see if there is any overlap.ReplyDelete